Olivers Dental Studio

Olivers Dental Studio

Friday 12 October 2012

Awards Frenzy Engulfes Olivers Dental Studio

The place ....... Stadium of Light   Sunderland
The time  ........ Thursday 11th October 2012

The event... The glittering Sunderland Business Awards 2012

Having won awards on a national level over many years, our team from Olivers have fond memories of award ceromonies and the excitement they bring.
But our home town awards always carry a little bit of extra excitement for a team instilled with a pride of being part of the vigorous heart of the Sunderland business community.


Having being nominated for two major awards this year we needed little excuse for some of our nearly thirty strong team to slap on the false tan and eye lashes and head out for the evening, looking hot if I say so myself.

Walking just that bit taller into the room as holders of three nominations

Best Employee
Best medium size business
Best Employer

We were delighted to find we had also been shortlisted for the overall business of the year as selected by the full City Council... Wow.

And the winner is ...

Katherine White - Employee of the Year 2012 - City of Sunderland.

How good does that feel when one of our own takes the stage for an award that reflects Katherines incredible contribution to the growth and clinical reputation of Olivers Dental Studio.

 
 
 
Motivated , talented , humouress and beautiful. A powerful combination that makes Katherine an incredible team player who would grace any dental practice in the UK, we are very fortunate to have her. Well done Kath, take a bow lady.
 
 
And the winner is .... surely not another ?
 
On the proudest night in my 30 years at the Studio, the City of Sunderland Award for Best Employer came to little old me. I have never been more proud , particularly as a local lad born in Fulwell, Sunderland, to a ship building family, winning an award in my home city.I will be forever grateful to my dad for his guidance,work ethic and drive to do the best I can from his working class roots. I hope this makes him proud, Im guessing it will.
 
 
 
 
When you stand alone on the stage at times like this the support of others in the success of your achievements slaps you full in the face. Across the room I could see the exhilaration of our brilliant team all taking great pride in our achievement. They are remarkable and energise me every day.
 
I would like to give a special mention to two of our team who have been with me for years and reflect all that Olivers Dental Studio has become and indeed are central to our success as Sunderland dentists. 
 

 
Joanne Barella - marketing genius and lovely person.
 
Joanne just gets it. She shares my vision, works her socks off and commands the respect of all around her. The engine of Olivers Dental Studio up there on your screens. Forever in your debt Jo. thank you.
 
 
 
Gillian Gaffney - Practice manager
 
For nearly all of my near thirty years at East Herrington this lady has been there to support me through the madness. Gillian is liked by all and has shared the burden of stress, hard work and emotion that comes with her position with huge loyalty and without ever once complaining about my crazy ideas. That loyalty has been priceless and I couldnt have done this without her. Bless you Gill.
 
 
So there we have it , a brilliant night.....
 
Thanks to all, particularly the Duchess, Mrs Oliver who puts up with more than most and truly knows what this all means to me.
 
 
Thank you Sunderland....
 
Mick the Mackem dentist.
 
 
http://www.oliverdental.com                0191 5282340
 
 
Twitter  @sunderlandsmile


 

1 comment: