Olivers Dental Studio

Olivers Dental Studio

Monday 19 October 2009

Changing lives with a smile

I am often asked how I can get pleasure out of a career in which looking in peoples mouths forms a large part of my day. I can understand the question but I would like to try an show you all why it can be a truely rewarding experience.

I would like to introduce you to Darri , a new visitor to the practice.
Darri came to see us with a frustration associated with his spaced smile. He is a very motivated chap and very sociable and understands the importance of a nice smile when meeting people.
Darri has very healthy teeth which made life easy for us when discussing options for smile improvement. We explained the orthodontic (brace) options to him and also the potential placement of porcelain veneers as an alternative.
The veneer option was preferred as it offered Darri a quick fix to the problem. It was also an appealing option as correction could be achieved with the minimum of tooth reduction. We advised a mini smile makeover of six veneers.

Treatment was carried out over a two week period with high class temporary veneers placed in the interim. The placement of temporary veneers has the advantage of being a trial for the patient and a guide to the expected outcome.Darri also had some tooth whitening of his lower teeth to allow a little balanced whitening to the new porcelain shade we chose together.
I think you will agree the transformation to Darris' smile is impressive and has given him a tremendous boost in his confidence to smile.
Darri was kind enough to explain to us how he felt the outcome of this treatment made the visits and his investment well worth while...


"Following my treatment it has made such a difference to me - I used to be so shy to smile - now I make sure I really do smile with confidence "
"I would have no hesitation in recommending Olivers Dental Studio to my family and friends and to all of you men out there thinking about changing their smile do it ! Its not just a girlie thing "
Whilst we do not spend all of our lives changing smiles I think you can perhaps understand the job satisfaction that we can feel when treating our patients.
Attitudes to smile appearance have changed dramatically over the course of my career.
Should you wish to discuss with us the extensive range of cosmetic tooth enhancement therapies available to us, including tooth whitening ,white fillings ,veneers ,crowns , bridges and implants, call us up at...
Olivers Dental Studio 0191 5282340
or get me on twitter @sunderlandsmile
Darri did and it turned out to be one of his best decisions !

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Himachal,kind comments, I am sorry I did not respond earlier , new to this blogging game and I hadnt seen your comment. Darri was indeed a nice case particularly as we were able to keep the tooth adjustment to a minimum. Patients confidence improved dramatically.

    ReplyDelete